R.I.P Slyvester Liew

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

This post is dedicated to a friend of mine who had recently passed away, he goes by the name Slyvester Liew Kah Hoe, but everyone just calls him Sly, he had recently been infected with septicemia , his health has been fluctuating for the past month and a half and on August the 15th, he breathed his last, i personally did not get this news as my parents did not want me to know....then my mom decided to break the news to me last Sunday, at first i thought i must have misheard, as he is the same age as me, and i have known him since we were just little kids, because our dad's happened to be University mates and are really close friends, they hatched a plan to name their sons after action movie stars of that era, the late 80's, he is named after Slyvester Stallone, and i was to be named Arnold, after Arnold Schwarzeneggar, however my mom preferred Benjamin and my Dad somehow agreed to that, and so here we are now...Ben Teh
Back to the topic, although we were not best of friends, we were friends nonetheless, he was like many 20 year old guys, an active person, basketball, gym, nightclubs, you name it, not someone that you will suspect to pass away due to some illness, and the sad part is that he has been perfectly healthy before all of this, and everything changed drastically in 1.5 months, even as i type this, i simply cannot believe that he is really gone, the last time we met was not more than 2 years ago at my house, it is also that time that i have discovered that i have found another Liverpool fan, a rare find in Malaysia as everywhere you go, you can find someone flaming Liverpool... but that is not the purpose of this post, from my perspective, he was a friend anyone could get along with in an instant, cheerful, friendly, fun, maybe a little shy, but once you get to know him, you would know that he is a great guy, i can still remember that we were planning to meet up for yumcha when i am back in Malaysia, unfornately, that day would never come....

His passing has not only brought me a great deal of shock, it has also made me realize the fragility of human life, i can only assume that as young men, many of us would think that we still have a whole life ahead of us, i remember reading from somewhere that us youth have a little sense of invincibility inside us, i would agree to this statement, that is what pushes many of us to do a lot of stupid things, this news is especially distressing for me as i am not at 100% good health either, now i have an even better reason to stop drinking coffee and eating so much fried food. for goodanyways this is a short message to you Sly, whenever you are, it has been a pleasure knowing you as a friend, i am sorry i did not keep in touch with you recently as i did not know your condition was so serious and also that i have been pretty busy with Uni life, but don't worry, you will always be known as a good friend to all of us, you can be sure that you will never be forgotten in our hearts, and do continue to support Liverpool from up there dude, i know we haven't been playing well this season but i am pretty sure that the guys would perform a superb comeback soon, peace out man, stay cool


Slyvester Liew Kah Hoe
17-9-1989 -> 15-8-2009

and i just realized that he was one month short of his birthday....R.I.P dude, i still can't believe that you are really gone forever...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello !.
might , probably very interested to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may begin earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
The company incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with structures everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your chance That`s what you wish in the long run!

I`m happy and lucky, I started to get income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a correct partner who uses your funds in a right way - that`s it!.
I earn US$2,000 per day, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://hinizihazu.lookseekpages.com/kolaci.html
and go! Let`s take our chance together to become rich

Anonymous said...

Hi there!
I would like to burn a theme at this forum. There is such a thing, called HYIP, or High Yield Investment Program. It reminds of ponzy-like structure, but in rare cases one may happen to meet a company that really pays up to 2% daily not on invested money, but from real profits.

For quite a long time, I earn money with the help of these programs.
I'm with no money problems now, but there are heights that must be conquered . I get now up to 2G a day , and my first investment was 500 dollars only.
Right now, I'm very close at catching at last a guaranteed variant to make a sharp rise . Visit my blog to get additional info.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]